One of the ideas we love for a baby shower is a rainbow baby shower theme. If you’re thinking of hosting a rainbow baby shower, here are some of our favourite reasons and ideas about why this makes a great baby shower theme!
Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission from the website or sellers if you click a link and purchase a product. This does not cost you anything; it is simply a commission provided to us by the sellers for advertising or promoting their product.
Reasons why you should consider a rainbow baby shower
- The colours! You literally can’t help but feel bright and cheery the second you see all the decorations. And, you can choose to go with more of a bright rainbow theme or a pastel rainbow theme. Either way, the colour palette looks stunning once all the decorations are up.
- It makes a great gender-neutral baby shower theme. For parents who are choosing not to find out the gender of their baby, it can be hard to find a gender-neutral theme you love. A rainbow baby shower is perfect for a gender neutral baby shower theme! You literally can feature all the colours of the rainbow and not worry about leading anyone on to the baby’s gender.
- It’s a great shower theme for a spring baby shower. April flowers bring may showers! And rainbows. I think a rainbow baby shower makes for a super cheery theme this time of year when everything starts to get colourful again, days are sunnier and warmer, flowers are popping up and everyone starts looking forward to the long, lazy days of summer.
- If you’re throwing a baby sprinkle. A rainbow theme is perfect for anyone throwing a baby sprinkle shower! Usually reserved for a second or third baby, a baby sprinkle is a scaled-back shower to help ‘sprinkle’ the parents-to-be with essentials and welcome the new bundle of joy. See more of our tips about how to throw a baby sprinkle shower and our favourite baby sprinkle gift ideas.
- If the parents-to-be have suffered a loss prior to this pregnancy. A “rainbow baby” is also a symbol for a miracle after the parents-to-be experienced infant loss. A “rainbow baby” is a phrase that honours and symbolizes the difficulty they have experienced, coupled with the joy of meeting their miracle baby.
Rainbow baby shower invitations
We have several printable rainbow baby shower and rainbow baby sprinkle invitations in our Etsy shop. Wording can be customized (for example, some of them for a baby sprinkle and can easily be altered for a regular baby shower).
We take care of designing everything for you and send you a proof. If needed, two rounds of editing are included until your invitation is perfect and exactly what you had in mind!
Once you’re happy with everything, we send you a print-ready PDF file that you can print on cardstock at a copy centre like Staples, Kinkos, UPS, etc., or the invitations can be emailed or sent as a text to your guests.
Rainbow baby shower decorations
One of the best parts of choosing a rainbow baby shower theme is that you literally can find decorations in every colour of the rainbow! Here are some of our favourite decoration ideas:
- Rainbow tissue tassel garland via Pomtree on Etsy || 2. Pastel rainbow balloon arch via
ModaDecoon Etsy || 3. Rainbow marquee light via Amazon || 4. Rainbow plates via The Sprinkle Sisters on Etsy || 5. Foil rainbow balloon via Amazon || 6. Rainbow garland kit via HoorayDays on Etsy || 7. Rainbow napkins via Amazon || 8. Cake topper by Party Like a King on Etsy
See even more of our favourite Etsy rainbow items
Rainbow baby shower food and drink ideas
Again, try to play up the colour portion of the rainbow theme in your food and drink choices, too! We’ve posted some of our favourite food and drink ideas, as well as more decor ideas, on our rainbow baby shower Pinterest board.
Sign up for our free weekly printables
We give away free printables each Friday for our VIP Pretty Printables Club. Sign up is FREE! And if you’re planning a rainbow-themed shower, you won’t want to miss out on this week’s printable, wink wink.
IMPORTANT: You need to click on the link that gets emailed to you after you sign up to confirm your subscription, otherwise you won’t receive our free printables! If you don’t receive an email right away after signing up, check your SPAM folder – Google and Yahoo tend to send them there.