The best winter bridal shower ideas
If you’re thinking about hosting a winter bridal shower, it’s a fun time of year to get creative with a theme. However, we’ve done the hard part for you and have come up with our list of great winter bridal shower themes.
We’re sharing ideas that will work for any bride who might be having a bridal shower close to the Christmas season OR themes that will work for a winter bridal shower after Christmas.
We’ve also shared lots of great winter bridal shower themes on Pinterest, so be sure to check our winter bridal shower Pinterest board.
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission from the website or sellers if you click a link and purchase a product. This does not cost you anything; it is simply a commission provided to us by the sellers for advertising or promoting their product.
Stock the Tree winter bridal shower theme
A “stock the tree” winter bridal shower theme is a really unique theme for anyone throwing a bridal shower in November or December. The idea behind this theme is that everyone brings an ornament to help the couple “stock the tree” for their first Christmas together as husband and wife. We have several great stock the tree bridal shower invitations in different designs that are perfect for this type of winter bridal shower theme.
We love this idea because guests can go out and purchase any sort of ornament that might match the couple’s personalities. Or, they can look for something really unique like a customized Christmas tree ornament on Etsy with the couple’s wedding date details or a personalized first Christmas together ornament to add to the couple’s ornament collection.
Shop our stock the tree bridal shower invitations:
|Buy now in in our Etsy shop|
Favorite things winter bridal shower theme
This is a fantastic theme for the bride or couple who already has everything! Invite everyone to share their “favourite things.” This could be totally something mean to spoil the bride, where everyone shares their favourite products like makeup, bath products, candles, books, etc. Or you can make it more specific and ask people to share their favourite household items that every couple needs. For example:
- Nespresso machine,
- Kitchenaid stand mixer,
- A great serving plate, like this chinoiserie print one on Etsy
- Henkels knife set
- These gorgeous gold-trim ceramic bowls from Etsy
- Personalized cutting board with the couple’s new married name
- Personalized wooden welcome sign for the couple’s front porch
- An Instant Pot (a must-have for any couple!)
- Luggage packing cubes
We’ve created a couple of favourite things bridal shower invitations just for the occasion, so you’ll have the perfect way to invite guests to share their favourite gifts.
We think this makes a really unique theme because it allows the guests to contribute something that they love to make a memorable gift for the bride or couple.
Favourite things shower food and drink ideas
For food and drink ideas, you could feature favourite dishes and drinks that the bride loves. It’s the perfect way to honour the special guest and reflects the shower theme perfectly. Or, go potluck-style and ask guests to bring their favourite dish to the shower for a yummy spread of everyone’s favourite eats.
Winter bridal shower idea: snow in love
What better way to bring in one of the most distinguishing characteristics of the season with a “snow in love” wedding shower theme! This fun theme is perfect because you can either make it more Christmas-y if you’re hosting in November/December, or you can make it more seasonl with winter if you’re hosting in January/February. We have several fun “snow in love” bridal shower invitations in our Etsy shop for you to check out.
Snow in love bridal shower decoration ideas:
You can do so many fun decorations with a snow-in-love bridal shower! Think of glittery snow, icicles, blue and silver decorations…the possibilities are truly endless! Here are some of the decorations we love:
- Snow in love foil balloon bundle on Etsy
- Snowflake glitter ornaments from Amazon
- Artificial sparkling “snow” to place on tables/surfaces from Amazon
- Irridescent snowflake napkins on Etsy
- Irridescent snowflake paper plates (with option for matching cups) on Etsy
- Snowflake and icicle drop decorations on Amazon
- Snow in love burlap banner on Amazon
- Irridescent snowflake confetti on Amazon
Winter bridal shower idea: flannel and fizz bridal shower
We just love the idea of throwing a cozy flannel and fizz or flannel and frost bridal shower! This theme combines the crisp weather outside with the cosy, warm feeling of flannel. We have several flannel and fizz invitations in our Etsy shop that would be perfect for this theme!
The possibilities for this theme are endless. You can take this theme literally and decorate with lots of flannel/plaid-themed items and feature a champagne/mimosa bar. We have several flannel and fizz invitations and printables that fit this theme perfectly.
We love that you can totally play around with this theme and make it something that would suit the bride-to-be’s personality.
Flannel and fizz or flannel and frost bridal shower decoration ideas
Again, depending on how you interpret the “frost” theme, you can decorate with a variety of different kinds of decorations:
- Cover tables in plaid tablecloths or table runners
- Hanging indoor icicle lights, like this pretty icicle light curtain, hanging icicle lights, snowflake lights or these starburst lights
- Hanging snowflake decorations
- Snowflake confetti or fake diamonds to put on surfaces like tables, counters, coffee tables, etc.
- Snowflake balloons, engagement ring foil balloons or these fun light-up balloons
- Plaid farmhouse disposable plates and napkins
Flannel and frost food and beverage ideas:
- Gourmet s’mores bar
- Chili (check out our fun chili bar signs to decorate your chili bar!)
- Sloppy joes
- Soup bar with biscuits
- Charcuterie on wooden serving platters
- Baked brie with cranberries and served with crackers
- “Street corn” corn on the cob
- Skillet s’more dip
- Fondue bar
- Soft pretzels and bratwursts
- Mulled wine
- Hot chocolate station
- Apple cider bar
- Champagne cocktails with a pearlized sugar rim or powdered edible shimmer stirred in
- Liquid Flannel drink
Winter bridal shower idea: festive florals and winter greenery
A quick search for winter bridal shower on Etsy will show you how popular festive florals and winter greenery is for a winter bridal shower theme. We love incorporating seasonal pine and fresh evergreen greenery into your winter bridal shower and capitalizing on the season’s most popular flower: the poinsettia. Red berries also add a fun pop of colour to your winter bridal shower and pinecones can also help pull together the winter greenery and floral motif.
We have several winter floral and greenery invitations in our shop that will help you pull off this simple, elegant theme:
Merriment & mimosas winter bridal shower theme
This is another great theme for a late-November or December bridal shower theme. It embraces the holiday spirit of the season. We like the idea of doing a Christmas-style bridal shower combined with a mimosa theme. This is a fun idea for any bride who loves champagne, or it’s the perfect theme for a winter bridal shower brunch.
Decoration ideas for a merriment and mimosa bridal shower theme
- Our merriment and mimosa bar sign can be printed off instantly and framed in a nice picture frame
- Any sort of Christmas decorations, really. You likely already have your house decorated, so there’s not much else to do! Make your environment extra cosy with our holiday hosting tips.
Food and beverage ideas for a merriment and mimosas shower theme
- Bridal brunch – do a bridal brunch theme to tie in with the mimosas
- Casual Christmas spread – like any other Christmas party, a variety of appetizers is a perfect food idea that will keep guests happy. We have a lot of great Christmas appetizer ideas in our Christmas party blog post.
- Do a potluck theme – have guests bring their favourite dish to share
- Mimosa bar – this is pretty obvious, given the theme. Read more of our tips for hosting a perfect bubbly bar here.
We hope you enjoyed these winter bridal shower theme ideas! If you enjoyed this post, please share the love and help inspire others by sharing these images on Pinterest and Instagram. And, if you do any of these themes, tag us on Instagram @prettyprintablesink so we can see your great ideas come to life! We’ve also shared a bunch of other great ideas on our winter bridal shower Pinterest board, so be sure to check them out!