Elf Arrival Ideas Your Kids Will Love…
December 1st is almost here, and elf arrival is near! If you struggle to come up with new and fun elf arrival ideas each year, I’ve come up with a bunch of fun ideas to help you celebrate the yearly arrival of your elf. Read on for more fun ideas…
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission from the website or sellers if you click a link and purchase a product. This does not cost you anything; it is simply a commission provided to us by the sellers for advertising or promoting their product.
Elf arrival ideas for the first night
I think it’s fun to start off with a fun gift or activity that your elf brings on the first day back and a special personalized note remind your kids that your elf will be a close eye on them and reporting back to Santa each night. Here are some fun ideas for you to consider for your elf’s return:
- buy one of our editable elf return letter templates to customize and print off with your children’s names and a special personalized message from your elf!
- have your elf bring a special pair of Christmas pajamas for your child(ren) that they can wear throughout the Christmas season and on Christmas morning. We also like the idea of gifting family Christmas pajamas from your help for a fun memento for everyone in the family.
- have your elf bring a new book that you can read together as a family. We especially love the idea of a new Christmas book each year with a special message from your elf with the year inside.
- Have your elf arrive with extra friends! A personalized elf stuffy from Etsy would make Christmas extra memorable for your children.
- Does your family like to board games, especially around Christmas time? Have your elf bring a new board game the whole family can enjoy and play along together this Christmas season.
- have your elf bring an advent calendar your family can take turns opening leading up to Christmas. We especially think this family game advent calendar could be fun.
Other fun elf arrival ideas – family activities
If gifts aren’t your thing and you’d like some other ideas for your elf’s arrival, you can also mark your elf’s return with these fun ideas:
- have your elf show up in a new and fun outfit this year to change things up a bit.
- find a fun riddle for your elf to show up with that your kids have to solve.
- go on a candy cane hunt! Have your elf show up in an empty candy cane box with a note telling your kids to search the house to find the missing candy canes.
- have your elf bring a gingerbread house kit for your family to buid together.
- have your elf bring a fun Christmas neighbourhood scavenger hunt you can do together as a family while you’re out looking at Christmas lights.
- have a Christmas craft or activity show up with your elf that the family can do together.
- have your elf sneak into your Christmas cookie recipes and pick out a recipe your family can make together.
- get some fresh air with a fun snowball fight! Your elf might think this snowball fight kit will add some extra fun for your family. Don’t live somewhere with snow? Bring some winter fun inside with this fun snowball fight in a bucket.
- have your elf bring some DIY snow paint that your kids can use to get outside and get creative!
We hope these ideas inspire you to get creative for your elf’s arrival this year! And don’t forget that our fun instant download editable elf return letters in our Etsy shop make a fun way to send a custom message for your elf’s arrival. And don’t forget to check out our fun elf ideas board on Pinterest.
SHOP OUR EDITABLE ELF ARRIVAL LETTER TEMPLATES: