If you’re hosting a fall shower, you’ve picked a great time of year! There are so many great seasonal menu options for a fall shower, whether you’re hosting a baby shower or bridal shower.
Fall is the cosiest season of the year, in my opinion, and you can really play the season up in your fall shower menu food and beverage menu. If you’re just getting started on planning your fall bridal shower and are looking for ideas, I encourage to check out our fall bridal shower theme ideas post to help get you started. You will likely find inspiration there and then your menu will follow suit.
Read on to see some of my favourite fall shower menu ideas:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission from the website or sellers if you click a link and purchase a product. This does not cost you anything; it is simply a commission provided to us by the sellers for advertising or promoting their product.
Choosing your fall shower menu
First, I highly recommend that you hop over to Pinterest and check out our fall bridal shower board. We’ve pinned a ton of great fall shower menu ideas and recipes on the board to help get you thinking about what to plan (and these work great for a fall baby shower, too!)
Second, use the things that are in for the season as a source of inspiration in what to choose to weave the fall theme into your menu plan, like:
- Sweet potato
- Brussels sprouts/cabbage
Fall recipe ideas for your shower menu
Using the list we compiled above, if you wanted to do a fall-themed menu, here are some of our favourite recipes using food that’s in season for fall (you can also cheat and see all the recipes below on our Pinterest board):
Apples – apple strudel, apple crisp, caramelized onion, cheddar, apple and prosciutto crostini
Pumpkin – pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake bars, creamy pumpkin chicken chilli
Squash – Buffalo chicken stuffed spaghetti squash, savoury rosemary and garlic roasted yellow squash, honey roasted butternut squash salad
Corn – Cheesy corn fritters, potato corn chowder, corn salad with lime vinaigrette
Nutmeg/cinnamon – nutmeg bread, tomato tart with nutmeg, maple pecan cinnamon rolls
Sweet potato – spicy-sweet roasted sweet potatoes, Mexican quinoa stuffed sweet potato, roasted sweet potato salad
Pear – easy baked pears, pear, feta and walnut tart, Earl Grey poached pear chocolate loaf
Beets – Balsamic roasted beets, rosemary and garlic beet chips, beet hummus with pita, beet and apple salad
Brussels sprout/cabbage – caramelized brussels sprout with bacon, shaved brussels sprout salad with apple and walnuts, cabbage and sausage skillet
Pomegranate – beet pomegranate salad, quinoa pomegranate salad, pomegranate, cranberry and brie bruschetta
Cherries – cherry pie, cherry basil tabbouleh, cherry pecan wild rice pilaf
Cauliflower – maple sriracha roasted cauliflower, crispy buffalo cauliflower poppers, cauliflower soup
Onion – slow cooker French onion soup, Vidalia onion dip, sour cream, onion and cheese tea biscuits
Fall beverage recipes and ideas
I think the best part about hosting a fall shower is getting to do some pretty awesome fall beverages! You could mix up a fall punch cocktail or do a super fun beverage station like a fancy coffee or latte bar (perfect for a love is brewing theme!), hot apple cider bar or a decadent hot chocolate station.
Here are some of my favourite fall beverage recipe ideas I came across (again, also all posted to my Pinterest board):
- Autumn harvest punch
- Sparkling spiced pumpkin punch
- Apple pie punch
- Maple pecan lattes
- Apple cider sangria
- Snickerdoodle latte
- Pumpkin spice hot chocolate
- Earl Grey tea latte
- Honey pear margarita
- Crockpot fall apple cider
- Cinnamon Cappucino
- Iced maple latte
Decor for your food and beverages
Last but not least, you want to consider making your food and beverage displays festive to fit in with the season and incorporate the seasonal fall theme. We love using these ideas to play up the fall feel for your shower food and drink displays:
- Apples – put them in cute wooden crates, wooden buckets or galvanized metal buckets somewhere where the food and drinks are laid out
- Plaid tablecloths or plaid table runners – seeing plaid just gives off that cosy, fall vibe
- Pumpkins – real or fake pumpkin decorations can be placed strategically around the table/area where the food and beverages are
- Sunflowers – sunflower arrangements are a cosy way to incorporate a touch of fall into your centrepieces, or you can use these cute fake sunflower arrangements as well.
- Rustic wood – rustic wood makes things instantly feel like fall. Get some cute rustic wood picture frames to put photos of the couple in, get a rustic wood framed chalkboard to write down menu items or use wood slices as serving platters for your food.
- Cutlery wraps – wrap up cutlery using some burlap ribbon for a cute fall touch (like this idea we found on Pinterest)
- Burlap and lace – pull in some fall country charm using burlap and lace. You could wrap some burlap and lace ribbon around juice decanters, mason jars for drinking glasses or cutlery holders, buy some cute burlap banners to hang up on the wall behind your food and drinks, or check out this ADORABLE personalized mason jar centrepiece by Viva’s Flower Shop on Etsy. It’s customized with the bride or mom-to-be’s name on it (it would also make a cute keepsake for the guest of honour)
- There’s also a ton of handcrafted fall bridal shower decor and fall baby shower decor on Etsy to check out, too.
We hope you found some great ideas to start planning out your fall shower menu! For even more great fall shower ideas and inspiration, follow us on Pinterest and check out our fall bridal shower theme ideas post.